Anglican Shorts: What is an Anglican?

Check out the first in a new series of short videos on the basics of Anglicanism. These videos are made to be seen both by Anglicans and by those who want to know more about what classical Anglicanism is, so share them with your friends!

This entry was posted in Videos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Anglican Shorts: What is an Anglican?

1. Brian says:

Very helpful and concise primer on Anglicanism. It is just about my 1 year anniversary since being received, and part of me wonders what took me so long to discover the purity, historicity, and proper balance of conciliarity and scriptural authority which sets apart Anglican belief and practice.

Have very much enjoyed your recent videos, as well as older posts I’d not yet read (like the post on the Ordinariate). Hearing and meeting you, Fr. Jonathan, in person 2 weeks ago was a wonderful experience and we will be back.

Thanks, Brian! I appreciate the positive feedback. I was an Episcopalian for years before I realized that the tradition I had come into was a lot deeper and richer than I had been lead to believe.

2. Scott Smith says:

I know I haven’t commented before, but I’ve been following for a little while. Anyway, I definitely like the “shorts” approach. I’ve enjoyed some of your other videos, but I often don’t have enough time to watch the whole thing.

3. gonzalezcaa says:

I’ve been waiting for something like this for a long time. I’m stoked. I don’t mind the “long” format (if anything actually, I prefer the written posts since I normally don’t have a way to watch a video online) but I wanted an Anglican 101 type of thing forever. Thanks Fr. Jonathan!

4. gonzalezcaa says:

You should seriously consider putting your videos on iTunes as a podcast like the guys over at http://www.anglican.tv because I would definitely subscribe.

I would certainly consider it, but I’m not sure how to do that. I don’t have a permanent place to host videos, other than on YouTube, so I’d need to have a big server somewhere where I could store them and create an rss feed. At least, I think that’s how you do it.

• gonzalezcaa says:

Actually there are sites devoted to that type of thing. iTunes has a guide on how to do it, but you could always just google “how to put a podcast on iTunes” or even “free rss servers.” I had a podcast for my youth group before and if I could do it, you definitely could. That way people wouldn’t have to be connected to the interner all the time to listen to or share all these Anglican goodies.

5. Father Thorpus says:

Beautifully done. Luv the pictures. This will find its way into our parish’s confirmation curriculum soon…